View Single Post
Old 08-22-2018, 10:31 AM

Default *** Warning *** About Doing PPT's through Sacramento Gun Club

This is just a quick word of warning concerning doing (Private Party Transfers) at the Sacramento Gun Club facility.

Yesterday I met with a person who had traveled a long distance to do a PPT transaction with me for a handgun that was listed on the Cal-Guns private sale forum. When we went to do the transaction, the SGC sales person asked to see our identification credentials before we started to fill out the (FFL/DROS) paper work. So I pulled out my current CCW permit card and driver's license and handed it over to him. When the SGC sales person looked at my driver's license, he saw where it read "FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY" on the card. This is one of those newly California driver licenses issued by the DMV that will identify you as a USA citizen or not, because we're now considered a sanctuary state according to our local government.

Anyhow, the SGC sales person told me that he was not going to be able to perform the PPT transaction based upon my driver's license, because I was not considered as being a USA citizen. I then pulled out my (USA Passport, SSA card and Birth Certificate). He still than replied that he couldn't proceed with the transaction because DOJ would not except any new photocopy of CA license's that read "FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY" on them even though I had all the proof in the world that I was a fully legal citizen of the United States. I believe that you can't even get a CCW permit through our SAC County Sheriff's office if you're not a valid USA citizen.

Anyways, long story short. We were able to find another local FFL dealer in Rancho Cordova who gladly excepted my current CCW permit card and driver's license as proof of USA citizenship and successfully processed the PPT transaction without a hitch...

So, if you plan on doing any kind of (FFL/DROS) transactions through SGC facility, make sure that your newly issued CA license from DMV dosen't read "FEDERAL LIMITS APPLY" on the card because they'll deny doing business with you!

CA DMV Footnote: You will need a federal compliant card such as a passport, military ID, or REAL ID to board a domestic flight or access some federal facilities beginning October 1, 2020. The DMV started offering REAL ID driver licenses and ID cards on January 22, 2018. A field office visit is required to apply for a REAL ID.