View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 12:42 PM
Calguns Addict

You know, I'll second the Papoose, but only the new model. I have one of those, and one of the older models (blued steel instead of stainless), and the new one is far superior. And the case it comes in floats, if you worry about that kind of thing. I was stuck doing a prolonged move a few years back, and the only .22 I had access to was my papoose. It did everything I needed it to, and was a real tack-driver to boot. My target 10/22 will outshoot it, but is nowhere near as handy. If you can find one, I highly recommend them.

One other gun that you might consider is the Crickett. Somebody mentioned the Chipmunk. The Crickett is the same concept. A single-shot, kid-sized .22 LR bolt action. The sights are good. It is almost indestructible. It is very light weight. And even with the child-sized stock, it is still quite useable by adults. You can put a scope on it if you want. I have used my daughter's to take out rabbits and varmints. She used it to take her first rabbit. And they actually make them with adult-sized stocks now, along with a .22 WRM version. Not bad for around $120. Just something to think about.

-Mb