View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 8:43 PM
Señor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by awiner View Post
Arizona is your easiest and best route since they accept a CA CCW as their training requirement. You’ll get most every state most other non resident permits will cover.

As of now you won’t get Washington with AZ but you’ll get New Mexico.

Conversely, Utah will get you Washington but not New Mexico.
This.
I went for AZ and Florida. I need Florida for the kids, plus at the time, NV accepted Florida but not AZ. By the time my permits showed up, NV was accepting both.
But that makes the point that laws do change from time to time, so the more coverage you have, the more likely you are to be legal in the greatest number of states.

Can't get to Washington without going through Oregon, and Oregon is difficult since you have to apply in person, and though they are shall-issue, non-residents need to show some "business" in Oregon.
I spend a lot more time traveling the SouthWest than PNW, so AZ was a no-brainer for me.
Aside from New Mexico/Washington, Utah and AZ are redundant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.