View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownpuncher View Post
I'm trying to get a solid answer on your layaway/deposit program on guns.
I have asked 6 associates and 3 have said I can put a deposit on a gun and start the DROS and pay the balance before pick up and 3 have said that the gun must be paid for in full prior to starting DROS.
I am just curious since I know a guy who is waiting on a bonus and he wants to get a Ruger you have on sale. He wants to go in and put down the 30%, or however much you guys normally keep in the event of a failed DROS or change of heart, and have the DROS started which gives him 30 days to pick up the gun. He knows he will have his bonus before then and he understands that he would loose all of that money in the event he didn't pay for the gun in full and he understands that he would have to pay another DROS fee if he didn't pick up the gun within the allotted time.
He would like to do that rather than have to wait and then wait for another 10 days after the gun is paid for in full.
Any help is appreciated
Not sure if they make accommodations if you ask, they seem to try and be as flexible as possible with things, but on the bottom of the receipt the first sentence states:

"Waiting period will not begin until this invoice is paid in full."