View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 1:25 PM
Novator's Avatar
Novator Novator is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 83
iTrader: 0 / 0%

Originally Posted by A Fatal Err View Post
You should probably read what I write more carefully. I did state that you would need a DWP (Dangerous Weapons Permit if you couldn't figure that out) but he stated that he is already in the Military so in order to get an Assault Weapons Permit it really is not that hard as long as he is bringing in a gun that is allowed from his home state. If he is going to bring a machine gun he has to have the DWP. Plus who is playing barracks lawyer? My state of residence is Illinois. Have I brought my own AR with evil features and no bullet button to California? Yes. Have I filled out the AWP, Yes. Is it 100% legal, yes. But no I do not keep my weapons on base because I would have to keep them in the Armory which is stupid. I keep them at my house in CA. But do I have friends who keep their weapons in the armory, Yes I do.
If you have a MAWP currently then you must be really buddy buddy with your base CO or he is willing to lie for you. I investigated this when I PCSd into CA in 2010. The current MAWP requires:
Official letter signed by the applicantís Base Commander, establishing that a bona fide necessity exists for use of personal assault weapons in military sanctioned activities. The letter must include a current telephone number for the Base Commanderís office.
The same letter is required for annual renewal in addition to:
Completed copy of Report of Use of Personal Assault Weapons in Military Sanctioned Activities (BOF 047)
Again, I see no way that any CO would sign the letter as there is no way that a servicemember would ever need a personal "assault weapon" for a military purpose.
Reply With Quote