View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 8:43 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarchist View Post
Isn't it funny how the government decides what is and isn't clean enough, even when they let our parks and other public areas erode on a daily basis. I can't possible understand why the GOVT is SOOOOO upset about some trash on a shooting range. I just don't buy it. As far as someone shooting the benches goes, who gives a ****? They're concrete! Men are crazy and they like to shoot **** with guns. How about just not worrying about blown up propane bottles and broken beer bottles? Does it really matter that much? That is a rhetorical question, of course. NObody should give a **** about that. All the old shooting ranges I enjoyed as younger man were like that and it was a blast to shoot at them. Today, they're so damn santized, it's boring. It's all bull**** intended to punish the lowly public that should be so appreciative of what the government gives them. Fight back!
anarchist, Can't help but flame you ... With freedom comes self-restraint and personal responsibility. I can agree with you that the goverment, as it is today, has an agenda and supporting shooting sports is not one of them. The idea that leaving shooting trash and intentionally damaging public property is OK because "men are crazy and they like to shoot ### with guns" displays a level of maturity not commensurate with the handling of firearms. I assume your handle pretty much says it all. Out for you, yourself and F### the rest of us. I have seen other recreational areas destroyed and then taken away from the general public (OHV riding areas) in recent times. The guys who messed it up sounded a whole lot like you did in your post. Could not agree more that the shooting public needs to be more politically active but also proactive and clean up yours (and others) crap they leave behind. Think the old Honda promo "you meet the nicest people on a Honda (insert with an AK)" We need the general non-shooting public's good graces to be successful.
'I own the guns I own because I acknowledge mankind's shortcomings instead of pretending like they don't exist. There are evil men in this world and there just may be a time when I need to do the unthinkable to protect me or my family,'
Joshua Boston

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics, is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." Plato