View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 10:28 AM

Default Rock Island Armory M5 Shotgun

Guys, I got my first shotgun, the RIA M5. $222 OTD from GoG, via Markley's in Watsonville. Man, GoG is the best thing ever... nothing beats getting a truly NIB gun, wrapped in manufacturer plastic and slathered with lubricant. My only regret is that like a week later they got a shipment of the ones with the Nickel finish, which I definitely would have gotten instead of the parkerized. It has a 20" barrel w/heat shield and bead sight, 5-shot tube, jeweled bolt, and the stock holds 2 extra shells which is cool.

I'm not too hip on shotguns, but I've read it's a copy of the old High Standard Police model, which I guess was a solid design. It looks much like my buddy's Mossy 500, and I've also heard that some parts may or may not be interchangeable with the 500. But I'm not modifying it much at all other than the Limbsaver pad that's on it. Maybe a 7-shot tube someday, but I don't want to spoil the value/pricepoint right now.

Here's some quick and dirty iPhone pics.

Last edited by Huge Grant; 04-29-2012 at 10:31 AM..