View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 1:15 PM
Veteran Member

It’s pretty easy to lay their hypocrisy bare;

- Ask them if they think that since cars kill far, far more people each year than guns (~40,000 per year car deaths vs. ~10,000 murders by gun), that cars should be banned or at least further regulated. I mean, there is no background check / criminal history check required to buy a car.

- Ask them if they think that since intoxicated driving needlessly kills people, if alcohol & drugs should be banned or at least further regulated, and the brakes put on pot legalization. Of course as pot has been made easier to get in various states, cases of driving while stoned have increased, along with crashes caused by DWI.

- Ask them if they think that since cars & trucks are used by terrorists to kill more people than they do with guns, if they should be banned or further regulated.

They’ll look at you funny, prob say something about cars & trucks serving a greater societal purpose than guns, blah, blah blah...

The point is, they don’t care about saving lives, they just don’t understand / are ignorant of, or are bigoted against guns.

I mean, for decades, the #1 cause of death among children has been drowning - did I miss all the calls to ban pools and 5 gallon buckets?