View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 12:31 AM
E Pluribus Unum's Avatar
E Pluribus Unum E Pluribus Unum is offline
Calguns Addict
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,025
iTrader: 2 / 100%

Originally Posted by chrisout View Post
I am a private party selling a long gun and an active Military on vacation from Texas wants to buy it but he is leaving to go home this Saturday.
Is there any way for this transaction to happen and being he is in the Military does he have to wait 10 days for the long gun. does he even have to do a dros?
He does have his ID and hold a Conceal and Carry Permit from Texas.
thanks for any info.
I believe federally one can only buy a gun in a state that borders his state of residence.... but when he does so, he has to follow the gun laws of that state.

California requires that only residents can purchase guns, and must prove residency before doing so, so a visitor cannot buy a gun in California.

Now.. if he moved to California, and the gun was older than 50 years old, he could have bought it from you without a gun dealer... cash and carry... and then moved back to Texas without filling out any paperwork....
Originally Posted by Alan Gura
The Second Amendment now applies to state and local governments. Our lawsuit is a reminder to state and local bureaucrats that we have a Bill of Rights in this country, not a Bill of Needs
Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
12050[CCW] licenses will be shall issue soon.

Originally Posted by Meplat View Post
Ignorance of the law is no excuse……..except for police.

Last edited by E Pluribus Unum; 01-10-2013 at 12:35 AM..
Reply With Quote