View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 8:16 AM
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler John View Post
As far as deleting posts, I recall once typing in a subject regarding a firearm related question in the search bar, only to have my earlier post on Calguns appear in the Google search results. Seems that, at that time at least, every post made on Calguns was available by searching Google. I even found one result of a non-firearm presentation to a commission I made professionally prior to my retirement, years before, and that one was never disseminated on the Internet.
Google sometimes caches things so they show up even if they were deleted. There is also a site I believe that is called archive.org or something like that where you put in a date and a website and it will tell you what it looked like on that day. It is interesting to surf CGN from 10+ years ago. I miss the way the site was back then.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it."

- Mark Twain

Si vis pacem, para bellum