View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 6:17 PM
Calguns Addict

There is no magazine restrictions in TX so you are good to go.
As I do not have any experiences with that particular magazine no I can not tell you why the round went straight up. Possibly weak magazine spring.
Clip shaving seems to be taking off a bit of the feed lips of the magazine. Where, how much, how I have no idea.

If you make a faux silencer just make sure that it does not actually cut down on any noise or you will get into federal trouble.

Glad you like the simmons scope many people run them on their 795's.

The magazine disconnect does not hold the bolt open.
The Marlin 795 has 2 bolt hold open features.
The LSHO Last Shot Hold Open, which is actuated by the magazine follower or can be done by hand.
And the manual holt open notch in the receiver and corisponding peg on the bolt handle.
Pull the handle to the rear and push it inward and it will hold open.

The magazine disconnect is a different part. All it does it manually makes it so the trigger can not be pulled when the magazine is not in the rifle.
IMO I do not trust such devices. A firearm is either loaded or not and even then should be treated as it is.
If a firearm should be made "cold" then it should have an empty chamber.
Not all guns have them so it is a bad habit to think that since there is no magazine in the firearm that it will not go off.

I am not aware of an archangel/promag stock for the 795. They only makes stocks for the 10/22 unless they have something new.

Every 795 stock or product out there that we are aware of is listed on the front page of this thread.

Most bipods attach to the sling stud, some attach to a rail.