View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 1:53 PM

Location: I live in the east bay of the republic of kalifornikazicommie-nia nation
Default Anodizing Group Batch -Bay Area UPDATED 3/14/14 *FINISHED*

UPDATE 3/14/14: Batch is done, pickup is still tomorrow, at 0900. If you can't make it, PM me to work out details.

UPDATE 3/12/14: got an email from Pete regarding batch.
Quote:
Everything is goin along swimmingly...should all be ready on Saturday. I'll stay in touch
Pickup is 0900 on Saturday 3/15/14, unless this post says differently.please be on time, and bring CASH!!! I don't want to flood him with debit cards.
Thank you

UPDATE 3/8/14: Drop off went good. Thanks to everyone that showed. 14/20 is pretty good, bout what I expected. Pete will be in contact with me when they are finished. As of right now, we are planning pickup for next Saturday, March 15th at 0900. That may change if they are not finished. Follow this thread and I will put "FINISHED" in the title when they are ready for pickup.

3/7/14:Tomorrow's the day!! Shouldn't take more than a few minutes to complete everything. Try and arrive a few minutes early, and we can get your part "inventoried" and you can get on your way. I'll be arriving about 0830. I'll be in a gold toyota highlander. I'm pretty sure you will pay when you pick up, but please be prepared to pay at dropoff just in case. Thanks

3/5/14:Only a couple days left. Please plan on arriving a few minutes early so we can gather all the parts into a group. I'd also like to write down a list of everyone's part(ar15/10 and either ser or identifying marks), so there is no confusion come pickup time. Anyone who wants can take a picture or whatever of the list for their records. Don't be late!! Thanks!
Also, I believe everyone has marked their parts in some way. Just in case, can someone bring a dremel n engraving bit? Got the idea off the LA ano thread. Sounded like a good idea.
I talked to Pete regarding people mailing in their lowers to him for this deal. Because of the size of the batch, and growing, you are not going to be able to mail in your lowers(my decision). It's getting out of hand, people asking for all sorts of favors on this. I apologize if this is an inconvenience, but we need to make this smooth for all parties involved. Thank you.

Talked to Pete(email), and he said March 8th(Saturday) @ 0900 hrs(9:00am) will be our meet time.

This is the email he sent me tonight.
Quote:
$25/ea. HOWEVER, that is for de-greasing, abrasive grit blasting and mil-spec Type III hard anodize only. I am getting messages from guys who want in on this who want special masking/plugging etc. I usually will do some minor de- burring, adjusting, etc on individual parts (when paying individual prices, on individual parts) but at larger quantities this is not possible.
So please make sure your parts are good to go and your ok with this

He has a FFL. His name is Pete Swanson, and he works out of Global Plating at 44620 S.Grimmer Blvd in Fremont.

His info:
Phone: (510) 406-2962
Email: peteswanson@sbcglobal.net
http://www.cerakoteguncoatings.com/resource/locator/

Please have your lowers marked somehow to identify them. Make sure it will withstand the beadblasting. Thanks

List so far:
Crazyalskn- 1
DS94901- 2
Just.A.Guy- 3
Gemini1- 1(CTO Arms)
RChow17- 2
Coma13- 3
RocketRob- 4 lower/1 upper
BigCumfy- 2
Trant6- 2
Sycoman- 2
Felix209- 4
IXMM- 2
Green Karma- 2
Shortround13- 1
Dholla- 5
Kenndo73- 1
Mot Mi- 1
Itherlungs- 12
Total:50

You're better of with a $400 .308 unless you plan on taking out taliban from 2000 yards away haha

Last edited by crazyalskn; 03-14-2014 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: Update 3/14