View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 6:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS View Post
I still don't understand how ANY wait can survive strict scrutiny or any constitutional scrutiny. I have a right to self defense NOW, not 1, 3, or ten days from now. Plus, if the whole idea is to prevent crime and we've instituted background checks, well the background check is instant. And can the state actually show in court that a background check waiting period truly prevents the so-called "crimes of passion" that it seeks to get rid of? I doubt it.

Anyways. It's still great news. Merry Christmas to me, Merry Christmas to me!

Sometimes I think Gene, Bill, Jason, Brandon and CGF in general are just one big multi-part jolly Santa
I was thinking about this earlier today. I don't see a first wait surviving strict scrutiny either. Although we wouldn't be likely to get actual strict scrutiny, it'd probably be intermediate or somewhere in between. That's why it seems uncertain to me, scrutiny could go a few ways. Doing it this way makes sense though, subsequent waits after the first one shouldn't survive any level of scrutiny at all so this seems like low hanging fruit.

I'm really looking forward to seeing CA try to defend this one. They will be tripping over themselves trying to come up with justification.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

-Brandon