Thread: Contra Costa
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugiahua View Post
I was reading the GC statement, quite surprise that even CEOs have reserve deputy...
doesn't reserve deputy requires POST?

how come even CEO or computer manager have time to do POST? Isn't it take six months and requires excellent physical condition?

Maybe I should switch major so I can apply for protection from wildlife as well
There are Level I, II, and III reserve deputies... The CEO could be a Level III deputy, very limited authority, limited training...

Level III Reserve Deputies are deployed and assigned only to carry out limited duties not requiring general law enforcement powers. Duties may include, traffic enforcement, prisoner transport, crime prevention duties and other duties at the direction of the Sheriff.

Level II Reserve Deputies have full peace officer powers while on duty. Level II Reserves work in a general law enforcement capacity under direct supervision of a law enforcement officer.

Level I Reserve is the highest level of Reserve Deputy carrying the most responsibility and training requirements. Level I Reserve Deputies have the same law enforcement powers and authority as regular full-time deputies while on duty.