View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 5:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeM View Post
The Steele Peak location is really becoming such a dump. Besides, there are too many reckless morons shooting there who have no knowledge of safety for themselves and certainly no regard for others. I find it no longer safe to bring my family or friends to that location.

There must be another location that is accessible to those of us who consider safety first and care about keeping a place clean. But these places are few and far between. Maybe a few of us need to get together and open our own outdoor range.

Last week I called the Rockpile. Unfortunately they have lots to do before the county will allow them to reopen. Bill's widow told me it would be at least a year or two before they expect to reopen. So it's time to find another location.
I concur on the safety issue... The last couple of times I've been up there, a few people have the habit of purposely shooting at the rocks.

This is very unfortunately considering this place is very local and extremely convenient whenever I feel like shooting.

Likewise, this place has accumulated so much trash over the past month since the last clean up. Wished people stop bringing their trash and unwanted appliances and TVs there! Grrrr...