View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 7:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbc View Post
Hmmm. The sub six-o'clock hold is an interesting concept and is making a lot of sense. However, to use this hold, one would have to first install an adjustable rear sight and adjust it accordingly, I assume?

You have mentioned "iron sights"; does this mean sights without the dots? In my case, the dots made it harder for sight alignment.

Again, thank you both for your fruitful comments
Correct, all sight pictures need to be "zeroed" in for the correct distance, even for center of mass hold.

Those white dot, 3-dot sights tend not to be used for bullseye. If you can ignore the dots, and focus just on the black metal, you're fine, but the dots may be too distracting. A simple solution is to take a sharpie or sight black and just cover it up. The powder based sight black spray(from birchwood casey) is useful because you can just wipe off the black.

On a related note, an old school trick is to take a pencil, or red nail polish, and just make a SMALL mark on the front sight, enough so that it's noticeable, and makes it easier for you always maintain focus on the front sight. I believe it's a trick military rifle shooters used.