View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
Volreg has pistol, rifle, rifle shotgun combo, and shotgun. They have to go in as they are intended to be built or how they were built. You could register it as a pistol then build it into a manual action fixed mag single shot, you could even do that years from now. But it has to be what you intend or have already built as. You could disassemble it from a AW status, then register the receiver as a pistol through volreg with the intention of building it into a legal pistol later.

If you go pistol then there is a vague possibility of converting to a rifle in the future, as there is no law saying you can't put on a 16" barrel and put a stock on it. Going from rifle to pistol is impossible and a felony. Personally, I don't ever do the pistol to rifle thing out of ambiguity concerns.

Wow I refreshed the glitchy site and now there is pistol, rifle, shotgun, shotgun/rifle then semi, bolt, lever, single shot, double barrel, revolver and etc and also as pistol just a frame or rifle as receiver if no they want barrel length and caliber for rifle. Now Iím not sure what selection I should choose. Any help would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk