View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by centurycitygun View Post
I know Sacramento and San Diego law enforcement have issued memos to officers instructing them on the legality of AR's equipped with a BB. I live in LA and and would love to purchase one of said rifles but I am a total wimp. Until I can carry a print out of a similar memo issued by LAPD or LA Sheriffs I'm just too afraid to make the purchase. I've settled for the CA legal Kel Tec SU 16 CA. I know the possibility is remote, but I just don't want to take the chance. Any thoughts other than I should just sack up?
There was a lawsuit over the SKS, the ruling in that case is the guideline for how judges and juries must determine if a magazine is detachable.

Since a bullet button makes a gun functionally equivalent to a SKS which is defined as having a non-detachable (without a tool) magazine, a bullet button rifle must be legal as long as it doesn't violate any other "assault weapon" or NFA law.

There is always the risk of some cop mistaking it for an illegal "assault weapon" but CGF is there to make sure you get out of jail and get your gun back. Just make sure you don't add any color to the case like drug posession or some other crime.

If you get arrested for your gun and only your gun, that is exactly the type of case CGF is looking for and it's exactly the type of case that CGF was founded for.

Chances are that even in LA, if you can keep your rifle cased (and unloaded) in your trunk or otherwise out of sight while transporting and try to avoid police contact, it will never become an issue and most police know the laws to determine that it's legal any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander
Dear Kevin,

You suck!!! Your are wrong!!! Stop it!!!
Proud CGF and CGN donor. SAF life member. Former CRPA member. Gpal beta tester (it didn't work). NRA member.