Thread: Hadar II
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2005, 8:37 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bwiese:
Um, I believe the Galil Hadar would be a CA assault weapon, requiring registration. It's a 'by name' weapon so whether or not any evil features are on it, all Galils and Uzis are banned - entry #2 in PC 12276(a).

If you haven't registered it by 12/31/2000, you can't, and you need to get it out of state ASAP or chop it into little bits. You can surrender it without charges by making arrangements w/a sheriff's offfice. If they catch you with this rifle, you could well be charged as a felony.

Registered or not, you can't sell this in CA except thru CA FFLs also holding a CA Assault Weapons Permit. You can't ship it to out of state FFL without using one of these guys either. If you're unreg'd and try to run it thru these guys, you'll just get in trouble.

You CAN, however, carefully transport it out of state and sell it thru an FFL outside CA. Risky, but when you drive, have a good haircut, clean newer car, and make sure all the taillights work, etc.

After all is said & done, you might get $750ish for this on a good day...

Bill Wiese
San Jose </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually it's not specifically named, the list does not include the Hadar II, and there are no Galil markings on it just IMI and Hadar II with the caliber and serial number. But it would be covered under 12276.1 (1)(b).

I went through a lot of trouble to get it registered and legal......everyone who I talked to either did not know what it was or told me I didn't have to.

FYI.......just was looking for a value for insurance purposes