View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 9:47 AM

I generally get great service in our LGS's. I too played with the big dogs for years and I'm not easily run over (Really, Bonnie??? ).

My solution to crowded gun stores is to walk in wearing a pink Calguns shirt and holding my American Express card over my head. I really do this and it's just to purposefully make myself stand out. By now, most of my usual salesmen know me by name.

There will always be jerks in retail. If this is a pattern at Turners, you ought to find the store manager, after getting your ammo and tell him/her why the staff is totally failing in customer service. My response to being talked-down-to, is to get out my Mommy Outdoor voice and let them know I won't put up with it.

The longer we women put up with this, the longer it will continue. If you don't believe it, think about color-segregated bathrooms in the South in the 50's, and continue to think about it till you get mad enough to push some store managers around. Be calm, be very cold and factual and don't be brushed off.

If that doesn't work, write to the local TV Anchorwoman and cc the Turner's store manager.

And wave that AmEx card around, even if you don't intend to use it.

On another note, I just became an NRA Range Safety Officer. You should just see the interaction when I shoo the macho types off the yellow line. My job not to back down. So I don't. It's really good practice.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.

Last edited by BonnieB; 05-01-2013 at 4:31 PM..