Thread: Brahma safes?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 3:55 PM

The sales guy was honest and upfront and said that due to the steel prices and labor unfortunately we do have it manufactured in China to our sepc's and standards with US quality control.

He said that since it is the house safe and they have to guarantee they want to provide the better product at any comparable price even internet sales. They have Cannon and Browning safes side by side to these and other than finish and internal hinges similar safes are in the 3k range.

Choice of dial or electronic (no price change)
Biometrics available if requested (additional charge)
Rechargeable dehumidifier ($25)
4 way (3-active) bolt work
Auxiliary relocker
5 spoke handle
Drill resistant hard plate

I will confirm warranty
Looking around today smaller 12 gauge 30min rated safes in the area are 1800-2200+ at Sportsman Warehouse and do not appear and feel anywhere close the same quality (imo)

Anyone have any input or specific questions I should ask regarding the linkage, dial, elec lock mechanistic etc I would greatly appreciate it.

It appears most places don't really know much about the differences in safes other than ratings and sales ligature. That is why I went to a local safe company that carry's the top brands, has a good local reputation but not overpriced/marketed.