View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 9:15 PM
fiddletown's Avatar
fiddletown fiddletown is offline
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 4,740
iTrader: 1 / 100%

Originally Posted by Yaworski View Post
....It may be simpler to have him move to Pennsylvania, establish residency, take possession of his guns and then move back to California, doing the paperwork there.....
I can't believe that would be easier and cheaper than finding a California FFL who will accept the gun shipped and do the transfer. To establish residency for the purpose of federal law, one needs to have evidence that he intends to make his home in the State. So just getting a room for a while won't do it.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper
Reply With Quote