View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhahner444@hotmail.com View Post
Really ! What time would you suggest ?

At a time where our state legislature is not dominated by a democrat 2/3rd majority in both chambers. At a time when we are not awaiting the rulings in a pending court cases. At a time not immediately after a nationally publicized mass shooting event that has instigated not only local and state legislative remedies, but a Federal ban being advanced by our own Senator. I would say the time to put a new face on gun ownership is when gun owners have the ability to drive the dialogue, not to be the subject of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanchanim View Post
I agree..
@ CitaDeL Lets see Calgun.net, the SAF etc etc all work towards our gun right. CalGun.net is dedicated specifically to gun rights within California. So I think the real question based on your comment is what the heck are you doing on this forum????

Now is the time... DiFi is pushing new legislation that isn't just about AR-15's, it is about every modern pistol and rifle made today.
Leland Yee WILL BE BACK to push his filth in Congress. So when should we protest, after the first law abiding citizen gives his life in defense f his freedoms? After 1000's are arrested like criminals? You tell me...

Oh. So, because I disagree with your desire to shake a sign at the Capitol, my presense at a pro-gun website must be suspect? Please enlighten me, how was SB249 stopped without a crowd of angry gunowners storming the Capitol steps? Where were the sign wavers then? Were they holding up their sign at Leland Yee's presser (ALA 'Code Pink' during Wayne LaPierre's NRA press conference)? Nope. They were tearing up the phones and fax lines.

I will tell you what I am doing here. I'm herding cats. I'm trying to get them to think before they act and trying to make sure they dont sh*t in the sandbox.

Yes, now is the time to take action, but too many overestimate the effectiveness of free speech protests inside enemy territory where the media, law enforcement and the legislature look at gunowners as a loony, insignificant, and impotent political faction. Our time, resources, and money are better spent on doing things that are proven to get results- not things that get you ridiculed on the evening news or make you feel better for waving a flag in defiance of an opponent that thinks nothing of you.

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche