View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 5:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwater OPS View Post
Look you need top start getting used to the fact that this will cost you at least $5k. I said it over and over that someone needs to be video taping when you OC, but it's too late now. HOPEFULLY they will write the report the way it happened and not the way it supports their case. You should talk to Gene, (think someone is getting you his number) and call TMLLP on Monday. Maybe the Foundation can help you with bills, maybe not. Make SURE your house is very clean, you may be getting a visit with a warrant. It would be very easy for the DA to decide to charge this as a felony just so they can raid your house. If you are VERY lucky this won't cost you anything other than the LEGR fee and losing your gun for 30 days. If you are not lucky, it's going to cost you much more.

BTW, inform your CoC of the incident, better that they know now from you and you have a chance to tell them it's BS than they find out another way and no one believes a word you say.

Good luck, and if there is anything I can do to help let me know.

PEOPLE LET ME FRICKIN FILM IT OR GET SOMEBODY TO IF YOU ARE GOING TO OPEN CARRY!!!!!
I dont think filming open carry would have significantly altered the circumstances, other than draw the attention of onlookers with a camera person taping someone with a firearm on their hip. Yes- you should have recorders and cameras rolling when police arrive- but having someone shadow you with a camera rolling negates the 'non-event' that open carry usually is.

I have already pledged my support. I hope others are prepared to do the same, even if they dont fully endorse unloaded open carry in California.

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche