Thread: Carrying my G19
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuarterBoreGunner View Post
Yup.

And OP, if I missed it, I apologize, but if your serious about EDC (and if you can, why wouldn't you be?) you might as well get used to the dirty little holster secret of the guy who LTCs:

You are going to end up with a whole drawer full of holsters that didn't work. Sad but true. It may look good in the magazine or online, but you're going to end up with a pile that just don't work. And even worse, there's no real way to tell. Stick with the quality makes, avoid the Uncle Mike's 'One Size Fits None' garbage, and you'll narrow down the search a lot.

I finally settled on an MTAC by CompTac, but I have at least a half dozen previous models from different manufacturers that didn't make the cut.
+1 on the MTAC.

I ended up getting multiple holsters for different environments, and a holster or two that did not make the cut:

Comp-Tac MTAC Minotaur for daily carry. Love this holster, one can easily adjust the forward cant as well as depth from the top of your belt to below it.

The Raven Concealment Vanguard 2 Holster a great minimalist holster. I also use this in my hydration pack as a trail holster when I am trail running or hiking.

I hope to have favorable reviews on the Comp-Tac Infidel Ultra holster. This seems like a good addition to the MTAC.

OP, happy to say you will be trying a lot of holsters out. There is no "one" holster for many. Have fun!

Last edited by SouperMan; 05-02-2013 at 7:24 PM..