View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 1:57 PM

My friend posted the initial message here, and let me know that there was some confusion about CA firearm rights restoration. My firm has restored 100s, if not more, of firearm rights in CA. Ironically, its far easier to restore firearm rights in CA than many other states, including Texas.

You can restore your firearm rights using two basic paths, a felony reduction or a pardon (which have been granted quite a bit the last few years).

When it comes to felony reduction, there are two ways, PC 17(b), and HS 11361.8 (this latter only relates to marijuana-related offenses). Qualifying under PC 17(b) is fairly easy if you didn't go to prison, and the offense you were convicted of was a "wobbler" offense (which there are a lot of).

If you do not qualify for a felony reduction (which is often pretty easy if you didn't go to prison), then you can seek a pardon in two different ways. First, you can obtain a Certificate of Rehabilitation, which if granted (these are granted most of the time if you know what you are doing), creates an automatic pardon application. Gov. Brown may do a lot of things that are unpopular around here, but he does grant them more often than almost any other governor (he has granted well over 1,000 already).

If you do not qualify for a Certificate of Rehabilitation, you can seek a pardon directly from the governor, but there are procedural reasons that make seeking a Certificate of Rehabilitation far more desirable.

I've been doing free webinars lately about CA firearm rights restoration, that point you in the correct direction and provide a ton of info. I have one this Sunday if anybody wants to learn more about this, just register here

This is one of my primary areas of practice, so if anybody has questions, just let me know, I'm happy to answer any questions!