View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 4:26 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBamBoo View Post
It's not just MY Tikka, Bob...it is every Tikka I have seen and/or shot.

I try and convey this to people, but most are set in their ways and are not willing to give them a try.

For the low cost of the Tikka...they are sure hard to beat...at any price range...but for $450-600 ($450 for the blued models and up to $600 for SS) and you have to do nothing to them...no bedding,no trigger job or after market trigger,etc....and they will shoot sub 1/2" groups with FACTORY ammo....show me where to match that and I am there.

I am not a fan of one brand or another...I am a fan of out of the box tack drivers though. And out of all the rifles I have owned and/or shot...none have come close....at any price. Ok...my TRG-22 shoots 1/2" groups....still not as good as the Tikka's....but it cost me $2600.00.

I almost bought a Ruger M77 compact in .243 before I bought the Tikka .243...but the Ruger was close to $800.00 And the trigger sucked...so add another $150+ for a new rigger. ANd then there is the question of IF it would shoot as well. I know where I stand when I buy a Tikka.

I am hearing really good things about the Sako A7....it looks very similar to the Tikka with some minor upgrades....not sure it is worth the extra $300+ for those upgrades though.
I am thinking of buying one....will post review in a Tikka vs Sako A7 type post.

Take care,Stan
i wonder what tikka does to their rifles...