View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 8:28 AM

If you see yourself collecting c&r's then there's no downside. But I wouldn't for a one time purchase.

It can be $100+ for the coe cause you have to do a live scan then its $22/year. 03 is $30/3 years.

The biggest hurdle is time. My 03 took about 2 months, which I've read is really fast. Coe was another month or so. But CMP...woooo man they have a different scale of time there. From clinic to getting my member number took about 6 months. Then you join a club which is another $25/year. Notarize the order $10 and then wait. In my experience it has taken 6 months to get rifles. Thats from mailing to receiving. Parts orders are faster. Just this Monday fed ex dropped off 2 service grades I ordered last August (very nice six digit M1's too hehehe). To give you an idea I mailed it in August, they received and input my order in October and shipped it last Friday. My first order a handful of years ago took 6 months as well. Everyone has a different experience with cmp.

When I sent in my order sg's were in stock. But when they received my order they were out of stock. Can't predict inventory changes with that unpredictable timeline. If you have patience then it'll all work out.

Imo for the long run yes its nice to have. But for short term no because it's a lot of work and takes months. I'd rather pay an extra $100 for dealer transfer and call it a day. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Dooder; 02-16-2017 at 8:39 AM..