View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 10:57 PM
Calguns Addict

As posted above.

I had some 5.11 tactical pants with side pockets and that worked well to hold 6 fully loaded magazines. More than enough to get you through at least 75% of the course.

Knee pads or some sort of pant with knee comfort built in would be a good idea. Almost all shooting takes place on a range that has crushed granite.

Long sleeve shirts a decent brimmed hat would be a very good idea as well since your going to be in the sun for 99% of the day.

Bring plenty of water and at least a multivitamin to replenish yourself throughout the day.

Take the box lunches they offer at the facility they are really good and there is enough provided even for the biggest of appetites.

If your taking the 2 day rifle I would bring at least 300 rounds. You won't go through it all but if you hang around and ask for some one on one time they are more than willing to help you out and show you things.

Some mechanix brand gloves or similar worked well from keeping my hands from getting eaten alive with all the different types of jams failure drills that you go through.

The class goes over a mil spec AR military version rifle so bring something along those lines as you will zero your rifle at close range and the demo is done based of the standard colt style iron sights. 50 yards IIRC.

Since OP your going into 100 degree weather you might want to plan on hydrating the night before and stay hydrated while your out there.

2 or 3 point sling is pretty much a requirement as you will be drilling in ready shoot and rest phases throughout the course.

If you show up all geared out. Meaning a chest rig, thigh holster with hand gun, and all that other crap you will be laughed at as they will make an example out of how your gear can slow you down or be hazardous to your health.

I had sunglasses, ear plugs, boonie hat, long sleeve cotton shirt, mechanix gloves, and 5.11 cargo pants.

If you forgot something they have a store that is well supplied to get you going.

In 1776 we announced we would not be sitting back down.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Man that was some great Kool-Aid.......... hmmmmmm theres a hint of something metallic. Oh well guess I will get on with the voting.