View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 8:14 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodoostain View Post
after joining this forum, my wife and i spent a great deal of money to prepare for disaster. in the process of preparing, we realized that we are very fortunate to have the disposable income to buy all these things to prepare and never touch again, to ensure they are there when we need them. after giving thanks for our blessings, we realized that much of our family does not have the financial leeway to buy things that aren't needed immediately.

as a result, we decided that we would put together kits for every family member. one full kit for the home with a full first aid kit, supplies and a few food items and one backpack for their car with a basic first aid kit, space blankets, fire starters, protein bars, rope, multitool, etc. we told them that next time they hit costco, they ought to get some extra food supplies and put them in the home kit. they were the most expensive christmas presents i've ever bought my family.

but at the end of the day, my wife and i feel better that we are not the only ones prepared in case of a disaster.
wanna adopt a midget