View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 12:32 PM

I interviewed with the CHP last summer. Wear a suit and tie. Show up a little early. Be professional and make eye contact with the person that asked the question. There will probably 2 or more people interviewing you. The recruiters gave me a list of questions that I should know so that helped. I don't remember all of them but some of them were: Why do you want to join? What does the CHP do? What is a hard decision that you had to make recently?

They also asked a few situational questions. One of them was something along the lines of: You are called to a scene and someone is threatening to jump off the freeway overpass. What would you do? I don't remember the other question right now.

My interview went well. It lasted about 45 minutes and I got a perfect score on it. I started my background check and then I decided I wanted to join the Army.

Good luck with your interview. It shouldn't be too bad. Just be confident and respectful.

Oh yeah, I think they had a form that I filled out about me, job history and that kind of think. They went over that with me. They asked all kinds of questions about it.