View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 11:10 PM

Angry Les Baer and California

For those California Residents out there thinking of purchasing a Les Baer Pistol, I would like to give you something to think about. Now don't get me wrong, I appreciate that Les Baer supports us by submitting pistols for certification and sales in California and I actually own 2 Premier IIs that I purchased a few years ago. I was actually thinking of purchasing another but my recent experience with the company has caused me to reconsider.

I ordered a stripped AR15 type upper receiver from Les Baer a couple of days ago. Later that same day, I received a phone message saying the company was not sending any AR uppers into California. I emailed back asking why they won't send an item that is legal to own in California to me. The reply was that the owner didn't want to send AR uppers to California because he was afraid of doing anything that might have an impact with his relationship with the Department of Justice. Needless to say I was a little ticked off because other companies will send AR uppers into the state.

I know it's his business and he can do what he wants to. Also, I know other companies, like Sportsman Guide do the same thing, refuse to send perfectly legal items to our state. I no longer do business with companies that do that. I just wanted to put this out so that others who are considering buying products from Les Baer have something to think about. Thanks for listening.