View Single Post
Old 03-06-2014, 7:58 PM
Progressives Suck!
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by sactown308 View Post
Scottsbrad read some thing on the internet and now he is an expert! Forging are actually prone to be weaker based on grain structure. What experience do you have to be getting all worked up in a conversation which sounds like you have very little knowledge of? Any one can copy and paste
Tell me all about your experience. I don't claim to have actual manufacturing experience or experience with materials, however, I have been listening to people on this (and other) forums try to make the argument that billet uppers and lowers are stronger, and I am simply pointing out the truth. I've done the reading and listened to the experts and I've yet to hear knowledgeable people in the firearms industry make the claim that forging is weaker than billet as described in the quote above.

I recognize this from my days building performance cars.

I want you to find a manufacturer that agrees with you. This issue has been discussed over and over on this forum. I don't claim to be an expert but I do listen to people who are. Ding-dong.

I'd be happy to see you make the argument.

Last edited by ScottsBad; 03-06-2014 at 8:01 PM..