View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 9:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USDalum97 View Post
I called the BLM office on Pagasus. They said there is no BLM land in or around Bakersfield where it is legal to shoot. He said that doesn't stop people, but the closest legal land is in Sequoia National Forrest. Can anyone else confirm if they have heard this from BLM?
I talked to a woman at the Field office on Pegasus yesterday. She advised that, with the exception of Carrizzo Plains and any other marked "National Monument", it is legal to shoot on any of the "yellow" spots on the BLM land maps.

Be Advised: From my searching forums and such, BLM sells land and the "yellow" BLM spots on an older map may no longer be public. Finding some of these spots is difficult sometimes. I'm still looking for an piece of public land not too far from NW Bakersfield for my rifle shooting.

For handguns:
OLEBOY OUTDOORS is great. I've been going there about once a week for a couple months. Great people, awesome range, and everything you need to shoot if you want a "one stop" range session (make sure you have a firearm in your possession if you want to rent a gun). And introduce yourself to Slab at the range counter. He's a very cool guy.