View Single Post
Old 11-23-2014, 12:08 PM
Administrator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohoki View Post
ok so i saw this

so me and pal from california are in nevada

i give him my gun since he is a resident of my state its ok?

now he has gun but part one says he cannot bring it back to california so he stores it at public storage and i suppose california is the only state that gun is not allowed to visit ever again?

how can california have such long arms to claim juristiction on what a resident of california can do out of the state
No, not OK - CA requires CA residents to use a CA FFL for transfers - that's why CA residents are barred from out of state transfers at an out of state FFL.

NV laws on gun transfers apply to NV residents. Two CA carpet-baggers don't qualify.

Discussion of how that might be detected is off-topic.
No one will really understand politics until they understand that politicians are not trying to solve our problems. They are trying to solve their own problems - of which getting elected and re-elected are number one and number two. Whatever is number three is far behind.
- Thomas Sowell
I've been saying that for years ...

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.