View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 3:35 PM
CGSSA Leader

Default NRA Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezjc2006 View Post
What has the NRA done for us in CA? What are they doing with the laws that are going to pass? What have they done for New York?
Being a member of the NRA Members Council of San Gabriel Valley I can tell you that the NRA is very involved in the Second Amendment fight here in California. There is a full time lobbyist who works very closely with the CRPA lobbyist. Top law firms such as Michel and Associates are constantly involved in litigation here in California. And many of the things that the NRA does are intentionally under the radar when that is the most effective approach.

The NRA truly is the largest gun rights organization in the USA. An NRA Board Member, Joel Friedman, has intimated on more than one occasion that we likely would effectively not have a Second Amendment if not for the likes of Wayne LaPierre and Chris Cox.

Insofar as legislative losses go I can only say that I know the NRA does not give up. I wish that the NRA was as all-powerful as its critics always assert!

So join the fight! There is strength in numbers. Become part of the oldest civil rights organization in the United States.

If you want more input and influence on what the NRA does then participate in your local Members Council, communicate with the organization, and go to the annual convention. The annual convention is outstanding and I recommend going to everyone!

As Eldridge Cleaver said "If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the problem."
NRA Certified RSO and CRSO; CGSSA Women On Target instructor
NRA Members Council of San Gabriel Valley President

Si vis pacem, para bellum