View Single Post
Old 06-19-2012, 9:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger hippie View Post
OMG... can you actually do that? I want to send my buddy a new barrel and a trigger too so he can re-qualify at rifle. I just get the feeling though that sending someone in the service gun parts is just asking for a heap of trouble.
I probably could if I was on the state marksmanship team, and had a fair amount more rank than I do now.

I can tell you for sure that your buddy would have no ability to use that barrel or trigger, and frankly, if you can't qualify with an off the rack rifle, no barrel or trigger will help you. Only people who would see an real use for stuff like that are those of use who shoot expert all the time and are trying to go for perfect 40 out of 40 every time and to shoot in competitions.

But as far as rifle mods in the service go, basically so long as its quality stuff, not cheap chinese junk, and is limited to bolt on stuff, flashlights, scopes, VFG/AFG, slings, stuff like that, then most chain of commands are fine with it.

But once you start talking about changing components of the rifle itself, very limited and few people are able to get away with it, and even if your immediate chain of command is cool with it, you better make sure the rifle is back to it original configuration before it goes to Battalion or the depot where they give them good in depth inspections looking for damaged or worn out parts.