View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 11:54 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Default How many people would actually get CCWs?

First of all, a big "thank you" to Kes for starting this forum. I'm sure that this forum will soon generate more discussion and get more information out to more people here in California than any other forum. Let's remember to be polite and not think that we're competing against any of the other CCW forums as we all have the same goals in mind. With that being said, I have a philisophical question:

People here (Calguns, et al) in California talk about working to get CA into a shall-issue State but even if that happens how many people would actually do it?

The latest numbers that I could find (admittedly short search) says that in 1999 the population of Texas was 20,044,000 people and as a shall issue state they only had 215,582 CCW permits issued. That's barely over 1% of the population.

Friends of mine (mostly gun owners) who live there just don't even bother to put in for a permit and they cannot open carry in the state either.

Realistically how many people here in California would get CCW permits if the state went to shall-issue?

One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/Fjold/member8325.png

Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF

Last edited by Fjold; 08-09-2009 at 12:30 PM..