View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 3:42 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestryll View Post
Okay, it looks like there is some interest...

Sorry about dropping the ball on this, I was out of action with the flu for the last week.

We have three airports that can work for our Northern friends, Burbank, Long Beach and Orange County.

Orange County (John Wayne) Airport has JT Schmid’s about 15 miles away, roughly 25-45 minutes depending on traffic. It looks very nice and has hosted NRA events before. Price range looks to be a bit in the upper range, think $60+ per person based on menu.

Long Beach Airport is fairly central, I'm not familiar with the Long Beach area and haven't seen too much in the 'suggested restaurant' dept. so I'm not sure what's around there. Any LB locals have suggestions and info?

Burbank (Bob Hope) Airport has Sportsman's Lodge about 8 miles away, roughly 15- 25 minutes depending on traffic. It also looks nice and hosts parties and events and has a hotel right on site. Price range is moderate, think $25-$45 per person.

Remember we will potentially have people coming in from as far away as San Diego and Santa Barbara and further north.

Hopefully we'll get some input from the Long Beach Calgunners so we can have a full set of options to choose from.
My vote goes to Burbank. It's in a great location for me, but also the airport is really easy to navigate to and from. Plus, anyone who would rather take the train can get on Amtrak to the Burbank airport (drops off half a kilometer away).