View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 8:26 PM
The Clip guy
CGN Contributor

I ended the weekend with three lots (total of four guns, one lot was a two gun set).

1) Colt Camo Companion
Actually this guy may turn out to be my sleeper. The more I research it the more rare I find out it is. Only 150 made.

2) Colt Custom Tactical, Level 3. I am going to turn this gun into my shooter.

3) Exceptional Colt WWI Brushed Blue 1911. Made in 1918 before Colt went to the "Black Army" process. Verified to be correct and original by Scott Gahimer.

4) Excellent Springfield Armory National Match. This is a national match pistol made by US government armorers for service competition teams. These were made in the 50s and 60s out of government stock. A USGI 1911 pistol was taken from inventory and then completely overhauled for competition use. I have kind of a mini 1911 match pistol collection going. The only one I'm missing is a pre-war Colt national match. They had one this auction but it didn't get a good health report from the expert.

The collection as it stands:
1915 NRA Springfield Service Pistol
1930s Pre-War National Match (missing I still need this)
1950s USGI Springfield National Match (new -- what I just bought)
1960s Colt National Match
1970s Colt Series 70 National Match Gold Cup
1980s Colt Series 80 National Match Gold Cup
2000s Colt Gold Cup Trophy
2011 Colt Gold Cup National Match

My new Springfield Armory Military National Match

There is a pre-war national match coming up for auction at the James D Julia auction next month. I may try to pick one up there.

I ended the auction with "only" these four, but I'm happy with these, all are in high condition. There were no "must haves" for me this time so I didn't go crazy on any one particular item.