View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 9:23 PM
Veteran Member

Default Let's define "Defiance"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilro View Post
Does this "Day of Defiance" imply defiant behavior?
Standing up for 'YOUR CIVIL RIGHTS" against those who would take them away is being "Defiant".

Now of course, there is being "Defiant" and being "disrespectful".

We are going to be "Defiant", we will not be "disrespectful", in fact, the truth is we will be appealing to the crowd to reexamine their anti-gun attitudes by putting on a different face for "gun owners".

Exercising one's civil rights is considered an act of defiance and the whole "Pride Parade" itself is in itself. a public display of "Defiance" against those who would want the LBGT community to stay in the closet.

The truth is we would have "NO CIVIL RIGHTS" if people 200 plus years ago didn't take up arms against their King.

How big this event will be will depend on how many people want to step up.

Tom thinks that we will get 12 to 20 people and told me that I probably will eat the extra fees I paid so that we could have up to 100 folks in our group.

It isn't complicated, you are either in or you aren't.
If you are in, let me know how much effort you will put into this.

Ideally if people were willing to invest some time and money, I would like to make some very large signs.

If I could get a large pickup, we could fabricate signs using 12 4X8 plywood boards, pvc piping, paint that would create a 12 foot by 16 moving board on each side of the vehicle.

That could show our real plan to reduce gun violence, black background with Pink lettering.

We could make signs for people to carry, make them 4 feet by 6 feet in size to that they are easy to read.

I figure 4 to 6 simple messages, at least one on each side of the contingent.

A PA system so that we could make a lot of noise. 2 vehicles and even 25 people would allow us to have a contingent that is 30 to 40 yards long, not exactly short.

We would be one of the "Bigger" contingents.

Now, if people would be willing to wear "Uniform Colors", that would be even better. I figure Black T Shirts and perhaps "Pink" scrub bottoms with a holster.

Holsters could be empty or have banana's or other objects in them.

Nicki