Thread: Register or not
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 8:41 AM
I need a LIFE!!

My thoughts are if the Police are setting up Check Points outside of Shooting Ranges we have already lost our rights.

(This conversation is based on a 'what if' in the future. So far, nothing like this has happened)

In order to enforce such a Check Point the Police would probably run it like a DUI Sobriety Check Point. You leave the gun range and get caught in a line that narrows down to one lane. Dozens of cops dressed in SWAT gear, flashing lights, cars up ahead are parked with the trunks open and several uniformed officers are searching for guns, inspecting your personal belongings, even checking for drugs, alcohol, insurance, current registration, your ID, running gun serial numbers thru their computers..etc.. Just a crazy feeding frenzy of activity. Chase cars, motorcycle cops are swarming around, ready to run after you if you rabbit the line.

Of course the Police, for the most part would be dealing with Sheep who will comply and bend-over. But I can seriously see how a confrontation could happen if they picked the wrong person or persons to harass. Armed persons.

I ask this question. If it becomes common place for these sort of Police searches just outside the gate at a shooting range, how long will it be before the Police just walk into a shooting range, line up and inspect everyones, ID, gun and range bag?

Once word of this sort of activity got out I can see Shooting Ranges going out of business.

Just my opinion.

Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).