View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 8:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobG View Post
Reloading manuals are your friends. Pick some up and read away until you feel comfortable loading your own ammo. Each gun has a "favorite" load, if you will, and its about finding what works best for your rifle. Your best bet is to start with a "book" load and go from there. All the powder websites have good info as well. Never use someone elses load, what may be safe for one reloader and rifle may not be safe for you and yours. Someone experienced that can show you the ropes would also be a huge benefit. It isn't difficult to reload. Just take your time and be safe. Working up loads can be frustrating and rewarding at the same time. Heres some "recipes" for your viewing/reference...
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...=323517&page=1
Hi RobG, thank you for your advice, I have the manual and I read it, not only that, also lots of info on the websites. I'm not trying to copy anyone's load, I'm aware of the fact it's individual and I haven't posted this thread for that reason.
I'm not one of those people that post things like "I bought a press, now what?" , that's just lame, irresponsible and dangerous.

All I'm looking for are some inputs from people that have similar rifle/barrel with the same twist and getting some ideas on what works for other shooters. I by no means will blindly copy someone elses load.
But I really appreciate your advice, I don't know anyone in my area who reloads, but there are some nice how-to videos online (youtube) that show some practical examples, it's good to see that and combine with the knowledge from the books and other sources.
...safety first...