View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 11:12 AM

So I just made my first firearms purchase yesterday! woo. I got the Core15 m4 from Turners and it's CA compliant. Bullet button, 10 round mag.

My question is, If I were to have it locked in the case in my trunk and I was pulled over and the officer asked if I had any firearms in the vehicle I would obviously have to say yes, correct?

And if that were the case, how would I respond to his next question asking to see it and inspect it to make sure it was being transported legally...mainly unloaded?

I don't see how you could legally not consent to a search in that case? I'm unclear as to whether they have the right to inspect the firearm without consent. I assume so, and I don't know so my assumption could be completely wrong.

Also on another note, I drive a 92 Camaro so the trunk is not like a traditional trunk. It's more like a hatchback. You could see in through the back window that there is a rifle case back there. It wouldn't be impossible if there was a back passenger to be able to reach the case, but what if I have no passengers? No way I could reach back there as the driver. What's the legality in this type of situation...and what if I had back passengers(don't plan to, but good to know). Just want to know what to do and what I should be doing to best avoid any trouble.