View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911NeverForget View Post
Whatever you do don't go to El Dorado National forest. If Officer Marcus can't get you for something involving firearms he'll inspect/search your vehicle without consent to cite for "obstructed license plate due to debris" or "AWD on 4WD only road". I've seen it done dozens of times(citations along those lines". A guy once put his handgun in its case and shut the lid on his tailgate so rain wouldn't get in only to have Marcus cite him for a "concealed weapon in vehicle" while he was setting up targets. IMHO DON'T GO THERE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XVIga_Rob View Post
He is a real !@#E$R%^. I believe he was recently reassigned to the Morman Imigrant Trail area, and believe it was for a reason......Typical ENF & county BS!
Hmmm... Is he Forest Service or Sheriff's Dept? If Forest Service, did he just get reassigned from the Rubicon Trail/Loon Lake/Icehouse Rd. Area? If so this is the same guy that is infamous at the Rubicon for messing with people out 4wheeling and giving bogus tickets, many of which he loses in court but a hassel none the less... there are pages upon pages of people complaining about this guy over in a 4wheeling forum I also visit.

I just purchased a place in the area and was looking for places to go target shooting nearby and was going to go exploring near the Mormon Emigrant Trail being that it's 5mins from my place. I was pretty hopefull about going and finding a spot off of the Mormon Emigrant Trail but if this is the same guy then I won't even bother based on his reputation... I usually go shooting with the wife, kids, brother-in-law and his family and don't want to get harassed or hassled while out with the family. Please let me know.

Also if there are any places you guys recommend in the area that's safe and relaxed for target shooting with the family please PM me, we clean up after any target practice and always pack up our brass for reloading.

Thanks again,
Fred R.