View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 8:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teflondog View Post
Great write up. Do you have any height over bore issues with the RMR mounted on top of the ACOG?
Thank you

I personally dont have any issues. I suppose up close, the POI with the RMR is going to be anywhere from 4" to 2" low. I zero'd it at 200 and adjust accordingly. I was hitting a 200 yard gong every time with ease while standing. It's an accurate little bugger. However, now that you mention it, I think I might zero it at 25 or 50 due to the fact that it is meant for CQB.....the scope is much better suited for the 200 yard stuff.

One other feature that I really like about the RMR that I have not yet mentioned is that when on top, you can scan through it for targets and put the reticle in the general vicinity of a distance target. Then you quickly transition to the scope view and the reticle is already right on target. Basically for me, it is quicker to scan and point with the RMR and then transition to the scope for firing, instead of searching through the scope for your target and then firing. This is more for snap-shooting anyway.....if your doing calculated distance shots, the scope will be better for everything, including target acquisition. This is my experience, anyway.

Hope this helps somewhat.