View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m16 View Post
Do you still recommend soft armor backers for these plates if they are lined or is the Rhino lining good enough to prevent spalling?
No need for soft backers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierpoe View Post
check out the video on his site. it's pretty amazing how the rhino lining performs.
Search my youtube channel

We are the first to pioneer this fragmentation mitigation. We have tried Line-X, kevlar sleeves, herculiner, and "Pep Boys" (lol) generic bedliner products and for the money, this is the best alternative we can come up with. Without too much arrogance, it is quite impressive

I have disclosed that we use Rhino Lining "Tuff Grip" that is applied between 1/4"-3/8" in thickness. I will say that we don't use the standard primer. We tested our plates with Rhino's standard primer and though it caught all the fragmentation, it blew off in chunks, thus exposing bare metal after the first impact. We now use a commercial primer (G13 classified ) not offered through Rhino to prime our plates. Took 8 samples to get this right through our testing!

Remember, we're an "industry first" to offer this. Other companies may be trying to capitalize off our hard work, R and D, and testing. I hope everyone considers "business ethics" when making the decision of who to purchase their armor from.

Thanks,

TTM

Be sure to visit our site for UNBEATABLE pricing on AR500 Targets and Ballistic Body Armor! www.TheTargetMan.com

"LIKE" us on Facebook! (we will post coupons and unadvertised specials on FB!)

View our Calguns Subforum!