View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 9:32 PM
ke6guj's Avatar
ke6guj ke6guj is offline
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 909
Posts: 23,782
iTrader: 42 / 100%

Originally Posted by slomofo View Post
2. If I didn't want to have a C&R license anymore in like 20-30 years, how would I do that? I want to move to France when I'm old and their firearms laws are 100x worse than California's, can you believe that?
if you plan enough in advance, you let your license expire before you move to France. Once your license expires, you can dispose of your records. There is no need to keep them or send them to ATF.

Now, if your license would be still valid when you wanted to move to France, you could surrender your license to ATF (gets you in practice for when you move to France). I'm not sure if you must turn in your records if you surrender your license, but know that you don't have to if you let it expire.

Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.
Reply With Quote