View Single Post
Old 12-15-2012, 2:58 PM
mej16489 mej16489 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,203
iTrader: 3 / 100%

Originally Posted by Twiggz View Post
So my license was about to expire, and that got me thinking of picking up another radio. I picked up the Yaesu FT-60 from the suggestion of the guy at HRO and a book to study for my general class license. I haven't had a radio in 10 to 15 years, so there seems to be a few new things going on. Echo link is something I've never heard of before, and a few new acronyms I need to learn.

Since I've only ever owned hand helds I still consider myself a beginner. But once I upgrade my license I hope to change that.

One question I have, is if I want to change my call sign from KD6*** to N6*** will I be able to keep the same three letters? Or is it like getting a personal license plate?
The instructions for obtaining a Vanity callsign are here:

Here's a list of 6 calls expiring soon: but a license goes into a holding period for 2 years before it becomes available to the general public. Expired calls within the 2 years grace period are only available to people who previously had that call or close family members.

Here's a link to a site which says that it can show all callsign availability and you can search it.
Choose 1x3 Prefix N District 6 and choose order by suffix.
Reply With Quote