View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 8:54 AM

I use this on my main rig, attached to a Blackhawk pistol belt, and an ATS War Belt...
http://www.blackhawk.com/product/%E2...ch,123,111.htm

The ATS WAR Belt has openings to allow you to have your drop leg on one side and your drop leg holster on the other. That dump pouch is awesome because it allows you to carry not just spent magazines, but extra gear too, like demo or extra canteens or medic gear, but also random field equipment that you have to bring out (but don't put flex-cuffs in it, like the Blackhawk website says...that's what a carabiner is for...hahaha). You can also use it for stuff like evidence you are collecting, or other random bring-backs. Tons of practical uses! The Blackhawk dump pouch is made of 1000D nylon, and best of all, besides the top opening, it has a zipper, which I love, so you can put big stuff in there easily. And, it's got an accessory pouch (where I put an Israeli bandage and QuikClot ACS+ hemostatic sponge, taped together for speedy use). And, for those working in wet environments, it's rot-resistant and has a drain hole. A plus for Maritime Interdiction folks.

This is another good one: http://www.blackhawk.com/product/STR...uch,755,55.htm

I have the original design with the BTS/ALICE mount. I mounted it on my belt on my other rig. What's cool is that it folds up out of the way and takes up little real estate on your belt. It's a well made product as well. It's made of 500D ripstop nylon, which isn't as tough as 1000D, but it still works fine. It has a velcro tab on top and a flex cord drawstring to hold it shut when you don't want stuff to fall out, which is a nice touch that you don't see on many folding pouches.

Yes, these pieces of gear are more expensive than the Voodoo Tactical stuff, and a bit more expensive than the Tactical Tailor stuff, but you get what you pay for, and mine have lasted through years of field use, hard training, and getting stuffed into sea bags, so I can't complain. These are just the humble suggestions of a former Marine scout and current security contractor & security consultant. The best piece of advice I can give you, visit surplus stores and gear shops. Handle the equipment firsthand. See which ones you like and which ones you don't. Ask your buddies what they have and what they like/dislike about their gear. Try and experiment. The internet is a great resource, but you should do some "hands on" research as well. Good luck!

--1911ShooterPhil

Last edited by 1911ShooterPhil; 12-11-2012 at 8:56 AM..